Our residents are the most important people at The Gardens on Tenth. Staff are trained to make courtesy, service, thoughtfulness and dignity part of every task they fulfill.
We cannot provide one-on-one care at every moment of every day, but we do work as a team to monitor our residents’ safety and provide assistance in these ways:
- Remind residents of meals and activities
- Help at meals (pouring drinks, cutting up food, etc.)
- Escort or point residents in right direction within the facility as needed
- Get residents involved with activities and encourage socializing
- Listen to residents’ concerns, and provide emotional support
- Provide supervision throughout the day
Our staff also provide some health and hygiene services, based on each individual’s care plan. These individualized care plans are meant to supplement, but do not replace family involvement with the health and well-being of our residents.
Efforts are made to get residents involved in the social aspects of life, and coffee and snacks are served twice a day (2 p.m. and 7 p.m.) to encourage socialization.
Our Supportive Housing staff will assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) such as:
- Dispensing of scheduled (blister-packed) prescription and non-prescription medication
- Clothing change reminders, occasional dressing and undressing when needed
- Hygiene reminders, coaching or cueing
- Dentures, hearing aids and eyeglasses assistance when needed
- Weekly bath or shower assistance
- Light-housekeeping such as: empty garbage, clean-up spills and make bed if needed